Prime & Composite Numbers

Friday, October 31, 2014

My Grade 5s learned about Prime and Composite Numbers this week.  Here are a few photos of the activities they did:


QR Code Activities are always a hit with my kids.


A whole class activity.  Each student was assigned a set of numbers and they had to decide which of their assigned numbers were prime and which were composite.  We used pink stickies for the prime numbers and yellow for the composite.  This is a great visual in the classroom.


A simple sorting activity.  I wrote random numbers up to 100 on milk jug caps.  I asked the small groups to sort the caps, then I challenged them to do it as fast as they could.


Who doesn't love making an avatar and teaching their friends about prime and composite numbers?
This free app was a real crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment