Guess What We're Learning About In Math ...

Monday, April 28, 2014

The first day after a long Easter break is done, and I'm exhausted!  Can we start counting down til summer holidays yet? 

This week in math, my Grade 4 class will be attacking perimeter and area.  As soon as I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to put it on my classroom door.  Doesn't it catch your attention?


It's a little hard to see in the photo, but on the outside blue trim, I wrote "Perimeter is the distance around a 2D object". I think my students will benefit from this visual.

I'd love to hear about your favourite perimeter and area activities.  Please share!


2 comments:

  1. It has been quite a conversation piece. I set it up a few days before we actually started learning about perimeter and area. The kids kept asking me about it, but I kept telling them that they had to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete